Leigh Day & Co. describes itself as a “highly distinctive” law firm unafraid to take on challenges other firms would refuse. They were formed in 1987 with a mission to make sure the ordinary citizen has access to legal representation of the same quality available to those with means. As such, they have championed the cause of more than one David against a formidable Goliath.
Today the firm prides itself in being a specialist in both human rights and the more complex aspects of personal injury. They believe in fairness and equity for all, including reasonable compensation in exchange for the highest quality legal advice. The lawyers of Leigh Day & Co. are committed to doing whatever it takes to help clients achieve justice.
History of the Practice
More than 20 years ago solicitor Sarah Leigh left her position as a clinical negligence solicitor to start her own personal injury law firm. She recruited fellow solicitor Martyn Day to join her in her new pursuit and the firm was on its way. It soon became apparent to the duo that the need for personal injury representation among London residents was great.
In the months and years that followed, additional team members were added to keep up with demand and expansion. Leigh Day & Co. excelled in the area of defending people who suffered harm at the hands of government entities, institutions, and corporations. With the adoption of the Human Rights Act of 1998, Leigh felt it was only natural that the firm should open its human rights division.
The human rights division specialises in achieving justice for those who are denied basic human rights to medical and social services. The firm is not afraid to take on any individual or entity that would seek to treat their clients poorly.
Areas of Practice
Leigh Day & Co. offers advice and representation in a number of areas of personal injury and human rights. Below is a listing of the areas of practice including a short description of each:
- General Personal Injury – The personal injury category covers most sorts of major life-altering accidents resulting in brain injury, spinal injury, amputations, and permanent disability. These cases can involve workplace accidents, road crashes, injuries sustained at schools, and even accidents resulting in fatalities.
- Brain and Spinal – Though brain and spinal injuries are frequently part of personal injury claims Leigh Day & Co. considers this a separate area of practice because of the unique aspects of such injuries. Regardless of how a brain or spinal injury was incurred, the firm’s specialists know what it takes to ensure justice for their clients.
- Asbestos and other Industrial Claims – Asbestos and mesothelioma have dominated the recent news regarding personal injuries in industrial environments. Leigh Day & Co. handles these cases along with other types of industrial claims relating to asthma, cancer, dermatitis, and more.
- Clinical Negligence – This is one area where the firm excels. They are experts in representing those who would bring criminal negligence claims as the result of medical accidents, negligent care, and professional malpractice.
- Effective Products and Goods – Defective products and goods injure untold numbers of UK residents every year. Leigh Day & Co. offers representation in product liability cases of all sorts. They have handled cases dealing with hair dye, food poisoning, and faulty orthopaedic devices, just to name a few.
- Traffic Accidents – Even the most minor of traffic accidents can have long-term physical and financial consequences. The firm handles all sorts of traffic accident cases involving cars, vans, motorbikes, and bicycles. Whether you are a passenger or vehicle operator, you will always get fair treatment.
- International Rights – Human rights on an international stage can be a challenge to many law firms. It is not for Leigh Day & Co. They represent both individuals and groups with human rights claims or environmental concerns. The firm has taken on both governments and corporations on behalf of their clients.
Contacting Leigh Day & Co.
Leigh Day & Co. invites you to contact their legal team to discuss your case today. They offer a number of means of doing so including telephone, e-mail, or online at their website. We have provided their contact information below for your convenience.
If you have a personal injury case or a human rights issue there is no need for you to simply live with the consequences and suffer the rest of your life. Leigh Day & Co. is ready to work for you to ensure justice is served regardless of how hopeless you feel the battle might be. They are waiting to hear from you today.
Leigh Day & Co.
25 St John’s Lane
Telephone: 020 7650 1200
Fax: 020 7253 4433
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWeb: Visit Leigh Day & Co.